Skinpress Demo Rss

Variety Article: "Adam Lambert, Troye Sivan, Gay Hitmakers Talk Homophobia in the Industry" #OutToBrunch

Filed Under () by glitzylady on Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Posted at : Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Variety: Adam Lambert, Troye Sivan, Gay Hitmakers Talk Homophobia in the Industry

A report from the "Out To Brunch" event Adam recently attended.. 

Photo credit: VARIETY

"There’s room for all LGBTQ people to succeed, not just one," said songwriter Justin Tranter at the inaugural "Out to Brunch" event hosted by Milk & Honey's Lucas Keller."


“There are pioneers here like Adam Lambert, who was just wholeheartedly himself and put his f—ing foot forward and didn’t hold back,”


LINK: Adam Lambert, Troye Sivan, Gay Hitmakers Talk Homophobia in the Industry



EXCERPTS: Be sure to read the ENTIRE article. There is more from Adam and much more discussion from the other attendees, including Troye Sivan, Justin Tranter..etc.. Those who have been in the music industry for years and from those who, like Troye Sivan, are relatively new. 

“There are pioneers here like Adam Lambert, who was just wholeheartedly himself and put his f—ing foot forward and didn’t hold back,” he said. “A lot of people bashed him for what he did, but to be honest, I think if people like him didn’t come around when the conversations were so mum, then we couldn’t have people like Troye or myself.”
Lambert likened his experience coming out to “being thrown into a pot of boiling water. It was a different time,” he told Variety. “When I was getting into music, it felt like an uphill battle.
Admittedly, Lambert battled with internalized homophobia as well. “There were moments after my first year or two on the scene where I started getting insecure,” he said. “I started thinking: ‘Do I need to change who I am to fit in, or to achieve success?’ The thing I’ve learned the hard way is that you can’t please everybody.
So now I’m at a point in my career where I’m being true to who I am; I’m being authentic; I’m being myself and not making any apologies for it.”



Posted by @glitzylady for ADAM LAMBERT 24/7 NEWS



2 comments:

Dee R Gee said...

What an interesting article! Lots of perspectives from performers of different ages and eras. Interesting that Troye says he doesn't know which kinds of listeners he appeals to: girls, guys, gays, etc. Adam said that after Idol, his label wondered who he should be marketed to. Who would be his core fan base? I remember my son saying to me after Idol, "So, Mom, you love Adam, but NOW what do they do with him?"

We also have to remember that Adam was one of the oldest contestants on Idol. He was almost at the age limit. He knew he had to get on the show before he was too old. Troye and others are much younger, some more than ten years younger than Adam. They have years to work on their fan bases before they begin to approach 40.

Adam has a wide fan base, I think. Age-wise, sexuality-wise, gender-wise. And certainly his fan base spans the globe. It's a tricky dance to do. Sustaining a career through many years in the goal, but you have to try to adapt and maintain your relevance somehow. Fans are always looking for the next big star who comes along to take your place.

Unknown said...

Yes.. a bunch of white boys sitting around whiney about “issues” that effect white boys..the world totally needs more of this!